10 December, 2009

Me, myself and US...part 1

Well it finally came down on upon me. After trying to stay low for several months (6 to be precise), not getting my Visa stamped and refusing several offers to go to onsite from my DM, I had come to a stage where I no longer could be in denial mode. Why I didn’t want to go? I can’t remember it anymore..it was that I am a single child, or my friends are here or something...can’t put my finger exactly on it now. My DM (Rajiv Ranjan, a very kind man would say…after all the things I did at offshore-well that’s another story,some other time) convinced me to go to onsite promising me the term to be only for 2 months. My PM ,Amar, at that time advised me not to go to a shopping spree to get all decked and excited for my ‘phoren trip’. Well I took his advice and packed a small bag for myself and started googling ‘Things to do in Houston’, ‘Houston Nightlife’ and other unmentionable things to begin with.

I told my parents that I was to leave for ‘Amreeka’ in 4 days and will be back soon. My dad knowing me how I might have turned out to be over the years I kept away from home, told me few (actually it was not that few!) things not to do and try. He tried (ya just tried-nothing materialized)in me to invoke religion, culture, family values, love for the country and all the emotions I never thought he had for more than an hour. He never talked to me that long ever before, so it actually prompted me to ponder over it for few seconds. Alas the sown seeds could never germinate. A day before leaving to Houston, I came to know that my favorite elder cousin sister is in Houston. I always knew she was in US but never bothered to know exactly where. Can you believe this? All this years of not seeing her, I had to go to one city in US and she happens to be Houston. What are the odds for that? Well I can say good bye to my To-Do list, I thought.

My didi came to the airport to receive me. Isn’t it amazing that no matter how out of touch you are with your loved ones, you always meet them with a mix of shrieks and howls ? Well may be its just my family that gets so excited to see each other, but what is the point of keeping yourself restrained when you can legally do it. Inspite of the jetlag, when my Didi and I met we actually made quite a few heads turn. Well the excitement could be compared to what Jack Dawson had when he won the ticket to Titanic. My brother-in-law (whom I was meeting for the first time) had the look which said “Ya, another one from her weird family”. He remained surprisingly composed when anybody else could have easily disowned us because of the sheer embarrassment.

1 comment:

  1. finasteride 5mg when will generic propecia be released - propecia hairline regrowth

    ReplyDelete